- Students will comprehend texts giving examples of typical meals in France and about la "semaine du goût";
- Students will listen interviews about food habits;
- Students will explain what their food habits are;
- Students will talk about their likes and dislikes;
- Students will tell about someone else food habits;
- Students will discuss about French meals in general and, more particularly, at school, before practicing self-assessment activities;
- Students will exchange ideas about what the "semaine du goût" may be;
- Being specific about quantity;
- Describing repetitive events and frequency;
- Understanding questions and answers in an interview;
- Make general statements;
- The determination process: "article partitif" and other expressions of quantity;
- Adverbs and expressions of frequency;
- Verbs expressing likes and dislikes followed by the definite article vs other verbs followed by expressions of quantity;
- Negative structures with expressions of quantity
- Animals ;
Comprehending texts and interviews fully
Comprehending texts fully and parts of the interviews
Comprehending parts of the text.
Being able to fully understand the differences between target culture food habits and native culture food habits
Being able to understand some specific culinary specialties
Being able to recognize all generic types of food
Being able to recognize some types of food
Being able to fully recognize the nuances between the expressions of quantity
Being able to recognize some differences between expressions of quantity
Being able to associate article partitif with the idea expressed within "some" in English
Being able to understand common expressions of quantity like "beaucoup".
Understanding of most of the specific words referring to food and cooking
Understanding of some specific words referring to food and cooking
Understanding few specific words referring to food.
All information retrieved
Most of the information retrieved
Some of the information retrieved
Few information retrieved
Making three statements about his/her likes and dislikes and about his/her food habits.
Making 2 statements, one about his/her food habits, one about his/her likes or dislikes.
Making one statement about his/her likes and dislikes or about his/her food habits.
Attempt to make any statement with a correct basic sentence structure.
Being able to determine exactly what are the different phases of a French meal.
Giving 3 true statements about the different French meals
Being able to tell what French people eat for lunch, breakfast or dinner
Being able to make one statement about food in general.
At the sentence level, being able to make three correct sentences at the affirmative and negative forms.
Being able to make 2 correct sentences at the affirmative and negative forms.
Being able to make one correct sentence.
Being able to produce a correct structure at the clause level
Using 90% of the vocabulary adequately
Using 70% of the vocabulary adequately
Using some of the words adequately
Can use some words learnt in the lesson
Having a 2 minutes conversation about his/her food habits and about his/her likes and dislikes
Having a 1 minute conversation about his/her food habits and about his/her likes and dislikes
Having a 20 seconds conversation about his/her food habits and about his/her likes and dislikes
Having a 10 seconds conversation about his/her likes and dislikes
Being able to make a short comparison about food habits between countries
Being able to make a short comparison about food likes and dislikes between countries.
Exchanging short statements about food habits in general.
Exchanging short statements about likes and dislikes in general.