Students will watch a short movie about transportation in Afghanistan and will interpret and have a small discourse.
Students will prepare a small presentation about transport in Afghanistan
Students will work in groups to plan a trip around Afghanistan using different means of transportation.
Engage in paragraph level conversations.
Practice past and future tenses
Learn 10-14 new vocabulary
The teacher will open the session by showing a short video clip about the transportation system in Afghanistan.
The teacher will present a lesson on the transportation system in Afghanistan. He/she presents the lesson by telling stories.
Each group will highlight the issues related to transportation in Afghanistan and offer its opinion and rationale behind those issues. The teacher will encourage the students to support their opinions with concrete and discrete examples.
1. The teacher will divide the students into small groups and ask them to talk about different means of transportation in Afghanistan
2. The students will talk about similarities and differences between the transportation system in Afghanistan and the United States. They will also point out cultural differences such as the culture of bargaining when hiring a taxi.
The teacher will ask the students to offer recommendations for improvement of the transportation system in Afghanistan.
1. Students will share their knowledge about the topic with their parents
2. Students will ask their parents for more information about the topic
3. Students will share their new knowledge with the class next morning.